Prostatitis in men can take two forms: acute or chronic. In the first case, inflammation of the prostate gland develops rapidly. This form of prostatitis presents with severe symptoms. The main symptom is painful, delayed urination. Flushing may occur up to 6 times per hour and urine will be excreted in small amounts. In this case, there may be unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen and perineum, cramps and burning sensations. The acute stage of inflammation of the prostate is also accompanied by erectile dysfunction and fever with its inherent symptoms (weakness, headache, etc. ).
The next form of prostatitis is chronic, which differs from the first stage in the lower severity of clinical signs. In this case, the body temperature is within normal limits, but the man's sexual activity decreases.
Principles of treatment
First aid for acute prostatitis should be provided only by medical professionals.Self-medication is strictly forbidden. Pain relievers can be used to relieve intense pain. However, it is advisable not to use agents that may lead to blurred clinical signs before the doctor's examination.
In hospital conditions, doctors conduct antibacterial and detoxification therapy. Painkillers, antispasmodics and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. Only after the relief of acute symptoms and reduction of the intensity of clinical signs, the patient is prescribed physiotherapy procedures and massage.
In chronic prostatitis, which develops against the background of a sedentary lifestyle and congestion in the pelvis, the patient needs a prostate massage. Allows the contents of the prostate gland to drain through the ducts into the bladder. This allows you to reduce the size of the organ, as a result of which it ceases to compress the urethra and releases the lumen for urine, which greatly facilitates the condition of the man.
In the acute stage, these actions are contraindicated, as they can only worsen the course of the disease.
The man should treat chronic prostatitis at home using an integrated approach. To do this, he must take medication prescribed by a doctor, and can also use special exercises to remove congestion and folk remedies.
Mandatory antibacterial treatment is established not only in acute inflammation, but also in chronic prostatitis provoked by the bacterial flora. With the help of antibiotic therapy you can get rid of the disease in a short time, but you must follow the scheme of their use and dosage of drugs. In the acute stage of male prostatitis, intravenous or intramuscular injections are prescribed for a faster effect on the bacterial flora. Tablets or suppositories are used to treat the chronic form of the disease. The latter have a lesser effect on the liver, but are no less effective than tablets.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used for inflammation of the prostate gland. They help relieve the symptoms of intoxication, pain and eliminate foci of inflammation. They are available in the form of oral tablets and rectal suppositories. The second option is more suitable because the rectum is located next to the inflamed prostate, which has a local effect on the source of the disease.
In severe pain, antispasmodics and painkillers are used. The first group helps to relieve muscle spasm from the internal organs. They relax the smooth muscles of the prostate gland. Alpha-blockers are also used to prevent spasm. There are special rectal suppositories with analgesic effects.
Venotonic drugs are used to improve blood circulation in the small pelvis with congestion.
Herbal preparations are used for the treatment and prevention of chronic prostatitis. Drugs from bovine prostate extract have a similar effect.
All presented medicines are given for informational purposes only.The final decision on the scheme and duration of treatment is made by the attending physician.Self-medication is not recommended, as all drugs have their own contraindications.
If the prostatitis is provoked by an inflammatory process and not by an infection, then the reason for this may be a disrupted blood supply to the muscle tissue surrounding the prostate gland. You can effectively restore blood circulation with exercise. Dwarfs are the most effective.
As a start, test gymnastics is performed. To do this, stretch your straight arms over your head and do deep squats. If you can sit at least 50 times without causing pain in your legs, this is a good result. The opposite indicates muscle weakness and insufficient blood supply to the pelvic organs, including the prostate.
Squats are performed 3 times a week. One workout includes 3 sets of 50 reps each. There is a 3-minute break between them. To increase the number of squats, other exercises are recommended:
- sit on the floor, relax your arms behind your back and make cross-legged movements, like scissors, 20 times;
- lie on your stomach and lift your straight legs 20 times.
In combination with these exercises you can use the following:
- Lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees and press them to your chest so that your knees are as close to your face as possible. You need to fasten your legs with your hands and stay in this position for 5-20 minutes. The effect will depend on the duration of the exercise, but you should not lie for more than 20 minutes.
- In the morning after waking up, massage the perineum for 5 minutes. This will help get rid of the stagnation in the prostate gland that occurred at night.
- Stand on your feet, placing them together, sit with 1/3 and alternate knees back and forth in this position. The exercise should also be done before breakfast for 5 minutes. It can be repeated in the evening.
Folk remedies based on natural ingredients:
- Pumpkin seeds. They contain large amounts of zinc, which is a key mineral for men's health. In prostatitis, 30 of these seeds are eaten. It is much more useful to mix them with honey. To do this, take 500 g of pumpkin seeds (raw), grind in a meat grinder or coffee grinder and mix with 200 g of natural honey. The resulting mass is rolled into balls the size of hazelnuts and stored in the refrigerator. A few days before eating, dissolve 1 ball. The whole course of treatment consists in the consumption of the whole prepared product.
- Aspen bark. It is harvested in early spring, when the first leaves are just beginning to bloom on the trees. The thickness of the collected bark should not exceed 3 - 5 mm. The raw materials are dried in the oven and crushed and then placed in a liter jar so as to fill 1/3 of the container with it. The top should be poured with water to the top and removed for 2 weeks in a dark, cool place. After insisting, the product is filtered and consumed before meals 1 tbsp. It is contraindicated in patients who have intolerance to aspen, constipation, other chronic diseases and dysbiosis.
- Hazel. Take the leaves and bark of the hazelnut, chop carefully. One tablespoon of the prepared raw material is poured into a glass of boiling water and insist half an hour. The product is then filtered, divided into 4 equal parts and drunk during the day. The course of treatment is 1 week.
- Chestnut shells. The shells are crushed, boiled with boiling water and drunk instead of tea. The broth increases the appetite, due to which a cleansing enema is performed periodically.
- Parsley. Fresh parsley juice obtained from its root is consumed before each meal. Also use the seeds of the plant from which the decoction is made. To do this, they are crushed, 4 teaspoons of powder are poured into a glass of boiling water and boiled for 15 minutes in a water bath. The product is then removed for infusion. After cooling, the broth is used in filtered form, 1 tablespoon up to 6 times a day at regular intervals.
- Pear. To treat prostatitis, they drink compote from the fruits of wild tree varieties every day. After 3-5 days of taking a decoction of pears noticeable noticeable improvement in condition.
- Garlic. Take 5 cloves of garlic, chop and pour 500 ml of boiling water and then insist overnight. The next morning the product is filtered and drunk 2 times on an empty stomach, 50 ml.
- Natural juices. In chronic prostatitis, drink 1 glass of freshly squeezed juice of carrots, cucumbers, asparagus, beets, taken in equal proportions.
- Oats. Take 100 g of oats, pour a liter of boiling water and cook the composition for 20 minutes. The agent is then filtered and taken in 150-200 ml three times a day. Oat broth is consumed for 45-60 days at intervals of 2 days every 5 days.
Herbal medicine is one of the main treatments for prostatitis. The following medicinal herbs are distinguished:
- Rhodiola rosea. Take the root of a plant and grind it. One tablespoon of the resulting raw material is poured into a glass of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. After cooling, the broth is filtered and taken twice a day for half a cup.
- Celery. There are two ways to prepare a medicinal product based on this plant:
- Take 100 g of dry grass, pour 700 ml of boiling water and cook for no more than 15 minutes. After cooling, the broth is filtered through cheesecloth. 500 g of natural honey are dissolved in it and the composition is removed and stored in a refrigerator. Take a decoction of 1 tablespoon before meals 3 times a day.
- The juice is squeezed from the plant and mixed with alcohol. The ingredients are taken in equal amounts. Use the product on an empty stomach, diluted in 50 ml of clean water. The dosage is gradually increased, starting with 1 drop. Add 1 drop daily until the daily dose reaches 30 drops. Then begin to reduce it by 1 drop per day. As a result, it turns out that the whole course takes 2 months. After that there is a two-week break and the course is repeated.
- Kalanchoe. Grind 1 cup of plant leaves, pour 0, 5 liters of vodka and leave the product in a dark and cool place for infusion for 5 days. Then the tincture is consumed 1 teaspoon per day. After eliminating the signs of prostatitis, as a prophylaxis, take the same amount of tincture, but once a week.
- Wheat grass. This herb is anti-inflammatory and diuretic. They take the roots of a plant, grind them and fill them with cold water so that it completely covers the raw materials. The tool is insisted for 10 to 12 hours, removing in a dark place. After this time the roots swell, then again flooded with 1, 5 liters of boiling water, the container is wrapped and allowed to boil for 1 hour. The drug is taken in 100 ml three times a day.
Bee products are one of the safest folk remedies that have a beneficial effect on the condition of the heart, blood vessels and the whole body. But you need to make sure there is no allergic reaction.
The following bee products can be used in the treatment of prostatitis in men:
- Honey. Eat in the morning after waking up 1 tbsp.
- Underwater. Take 2 tablespoons of worm, pour 500 ml of water and bring the composition to a boil. After 2 hours, filter the product and drink 1 tablespoon of broth mixed with a small amount of honey. They take the medicine 3 times a day and store it in the refrigerator.
- Pollen. Consume it after meals 1 teaspoon.
- Propolis. You can buy a tincture of this bee product at a pharmacy. Drink 40 drops of tincture half an hour before meals, dissolving them in half a glass of water. The course of treatment is 1, 5 - 2 months. It can also be used for enemas. For this purpose, 40 g of propolis are mixed with 100 ml of medical alcohol and 2 g of cocoa butter. Dissolve 2 g of the resulting mixture in half a glass of water and use it for an enema. The procedure is performed daily for two months.
Candles with honey give a good effect that can successfully cure prostatitis. To prepare them, mix 1 medium-sized egg with 1 teaspoon of natural, high-quality honey and 3 tablespoons of rye flour. The result is a firm dough, from which the candles are rolled and taken out and stored in the freezer. Every morning and evening, 1 suppository, pre-soaked in warm water, is placed rectally.